Our Lead Strategist will share her thought leadership on digital and integrated marketing and her journey as an entrepreneur at this power-packed event!
So proud to be sharing my unconventional journey into STEM with a worthy audience tonight. Plus, in celebration of the movie, ‘Hidden Figures,’ follow me on Instagram (@lindseycholmes) for a chance to win free screening passes! Go now!!
We are so proud to announce our latest contract with The Rutgers Business School Center for Urban Education and Economic Development (CUEED). Usable Tech Co has been charged with creating the branding, design, marketing, website development and producing a National Town Hall event.
Coined the CUEED Pipeline to Inclusive Innovation (PII), the initiative plans to increase the number of under-represented inventors, scientists and technology-focused Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) engaged in federally-funded innovation and technology programs. CUEED PII is a federally funded initiative of the U.S. Minority Business Development Agency.
We are extremely pleased to work with Rutgers and CUEED!
You in? Register here.
Google Developer Group of New Jersey has teamed up with The Ideas Maker and Rutgers Newark this year to host a 2-day Hackathon at Rutgers Newark based on the recently released Google Cloud Machine Learning API. Lindsey C. Holmes of Usable Tech Co will judge!
What You’ll Learn
The exciting new framework provides access to features such as:
1) The Cloud Vision API, which enables developers to programmatically analyze the contents of an image by leveraging powerful machine learning models through a simple REST API. "It quickly classifies images into thousands of categories (e.g. "sailboat", "Eiffel Tower"), detects individual objects and faces within images, and finds and reads printed words contained within images."
2) The Cloud Speech API, which "enables you to convert audio to text by applying neural network models in an easy to use API. The API recognizes over 80 languages and variants, to support your global user base. You can transcribe the text of users dictating to an application’s microphone or enable command-and-control through voice among many other use cases."
What to Expect
You’ll connect with other developers in the community, and learn about an exciting new world of programming power that has been put at our fingertips. We’ll have food, prizes for winning teams, and plenty of talented mentors and speakers to get you started on the machine learning cloud platform.
The Honorable Mayor Ras J. Baraka and some of Newark’s finest in the tech community will lead the discussion. Mayor Baraka is set to speak about the progression that technology has made in the city, along with a facilitated Q&A session regarding additional information about Newark’s tech advancements. Lindsey Holmes – Principal & Owner of Usable Tech Co will serve as commentator and Melissa Jackson – Owner of Normel Solutions will moderate. The discussion will take place at = SPACE’s premiere DOWNTOWN located within Gateway Project Spaces.
Tech community influencers and thought leaders confirmed for the event include:
- Mayor Ras J. Baraka
- Rakia Reynolds, President of Skai Blue Media
- Gadget Software
- Sylvia Wandahwa, Co-organizer of Women Techmakers New Jersey
- Lindsey Holmes – CEO/ Lead Strategist at Usable Tech Co
- City of Code
- Isaiah Little, Brigade Captain of Code for Newark
- Unlock Weequahic & Intern-Pro.gram w/ OIT
- Anthony Frasier, Co-founder of The Phat Startup
- Tech Titans
- Medina, Chief Creative Strategist of Medina=Citi
- Code for Newark
- Seth Wainer, Chief Information Officer for The City of NewarkWe will be serving light appetizers at 4:45pm; the Newark Tech Town Hall: Progression of Tech will start promptly at 5:00pm. The event is free, but reservations are required.Brief: Gary Johnson, Dcyouthe@gmail.comWe will be serving light appetizers at 4:45pm; the Newark Tech Town Hall: Progression of Tech will start promptly at 5:00pm. The event is free, but reservations are required.
About the Tech Town Hall 2.0
Progression in Tech is the theme for the second installment of EqualSpace’s (= SPACE) Tech Town Hall series, scheduled for October 6, 2016 at 5:00pm. The cornerstone of the first installment centered around reintroducing Newark as a leader of tech in the community, as well as sparking the conversation around Newark being fashioned as a Tech Hub and how it affects the city’s economic development. Tech Town Hall 2 will recap the businesses, partnerships, and programs birthed since the first Tech Town Hall.
Light appetizers will be served at 4:45pm and the town hall will start promptly at 5:00pm. The event is free, but reservations are required.
DATE & TIME:
Thursday, October 6th, 5pm – 8pm
Gateway Project Spaces – 2 Gateway Center Newark, NJ 07105